Our Top Tips for Long-lasting Party Makeup
Discover our top tips for achieving long-lasting party makeup that will leave you feeling confident while you're having the best time. From skin prep, waterproof formulas and beauty touch-ups, these tips will make your bold make up last all night long... whatever your budget.
Here are our top tips for party makeup
Prep your skin:
Properly prepping the skin is a critical first step before applying makeup. Here's how to prep your skin before applying your makeup:
- Start by cleansing your skin to remove makeup, dirt, and oil that has built up during the day.
- Exfoliate and use your favourite face mask (optional) to reduce oiliness and enlarged pores.
- Add a few drops of toner to a damp cotton pad and sweep over your skin to restore pH levels and remove any extra dirt from your pores.
- To finish, use a moisturise tailored to your skin type and apply evenly to your skin.
Define your eyes:
Go bold, have fun and don't be afraid to experiment with vivid colors and intense pigments!
- Firsty, start with prepping your eyelids with an eyeshadow or concealer to create a smooth, crease-free base for your eyeshadow.
- Once you have chosen your eyeshadow palette, start with the darkest shade and apply all over the lid, up to the crease.
- Use a clean brush to soften and blend out the edges of the dark shade so there are no harsh lines.
- To add a bit of shimmer, apply a glittery shade that matches your chosen base colour. Apply with your finger or a small brush.
- For the finishing touches, define your eyes even more by applying eyeliner and mascara.
Here are our best-selling eye make up products which are guaranteed to last you all night long with no fading or smudging...
Defining your cheekbones:
Bronzing the cheekbones can beautifully enhance your natural features and bone structure. Start by:
- Identify the hollows of your cheekbones by sucking in your cheeks. This is where you will apply the bronzer.
- Apply your bronzer lightly with a fluffy brush in the hollows of the cheeks in a '3' motion, starting from the top of the ear towards the apple of the cheek.
- Blend the edges of the bronzer upwards and outwards to seamlessly diffuse any harsh lines.
- Dust a light veil of translucent powder over bronzed areas to set it in place for all-night party wear!
Choose a bold lip:
Our top tip is to opt for a matte lipstick in a fun, bold shade like red, berry or plum. Line and fill in your lips with a matching lip pencil first and finish with lip gloss in the center for dimension.
Touch up when needed:
Bring your make up for touch ups like powder, lipstick, concealer and pressed powder eyeshadow. Reapply powder, lip colour and fix any smudged eye makeup.
Carrying a small makeup bag with your lipstick, powder, concealer, and perfume is essentail for quick-fix makeup touch ups and refreshing your looks.
Spritzing your face with setting spray will help to meld layers of makeup together. This also helps powders blend seamlessly into your skin for a longer lasting flawless complexion.
Prices and information cheched, Tuesday 26 September 2023